Tuesday, April 10, 2012

GIG Meeting April 26 at 6:30

Hello All,
This is the email (edited slightly) I just sent to our group, at the risk of not repeating:

Hi Gang,

I hope, hope, hope after this meeting to better understand what GIG National wants in terms of a group structure, get some officers, get some help, and get better organized! In the meantime, let's meet on Thurs April 26 from 6:30 to 8, in Linda Armada's office again in the Medical Arts Building behind North Florida. I know this is not ideal for everyone, and I hope we can figure this out, but it was group consensus as more convenient for most last time.

I have some notes to share from presentations at the St. Pete Gluten Free Expo, and a few goodies to sample that I picked up (black bean chips?). I can share my results from Cyrex Labs about the cross reactive foods, and what they told me in terms of "interpretive info" (and I use that really loosely!). Let's make this a potluck and please bring something to munch and share so that no one has to starve. If you have the time actually to make something rather than bring some storebought cookies, we'll be better fed... just do what you can. :-)

PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU PLAN TO COME SO WE HAVE A ROUGH IDEA ABOUT SPACE, DRINKS, ETC.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY APRIL 19 so we have about a week to plan.
Thanks!

Janet
P.S. I glutened myself swiping some icing off my manager's birthday cake last week. What a cruel reminder of how important this stuff is, and how critical it is that we understand it thoroughly and assist anyone who is new! :-)

LINDA-- Thank you for your assistance in securing us a space!

No comments:

Post a Comment