Sunday, January 29, 2012

recap of Jan. 26 meeting

Consensus is Napolitano's gluten-free lasagne is good stuff! They estimate that one pan will serve 4-6 hungry people, but I'd guess more like 8! There was no meat that anyone noticed, and I recall zucchini and mushrooms. Darned tasty! They just need a day's notice. They used Tinkyada rice noodles. I'll certainly be ordering again for myself, that's for sure.

We were all too full to do any bar sampling, so we'll try that again later on. Maybe crackers, too?! We seem to be mostly a social, food-oriented group, and other than checking out the Living Without test kitchen to see if we can take a peek (it's in High Springs!) and perhaps getting someone who did grand rounds on celiac to talk with us, there are no plans/ideas for speakers just yet.

I'll continue to post as I can. PLEASE NOTE THERE'S A GLUTEN FREE EXPO IN ST PETE ON MARCH 24. They're promoting it heavily, but if you need the info, let me know and I'll get you hooked in.
Best to all until next post,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment